Monday, January 1, 2007

My First Blog Post

Kimberly has been after me for a while to start a blog. January 1 seemed like a good time begin something new.


I'll start with some of my recent projects. More to follow as soon as we get some sunshine and I can get some good pictures.





Gift doll and wardrobe for Christmas 2006 is above. I have so much fun making the clothes and imagining what it would be like to be a child getting so much for my doll at one time.





I did get a shot of one outfit. The hat, scarf and mittens were knit out of Kimberly's Bohemian Wrapsody handpainted yarn. She is so talented!






The scarf has a small opening to slide the other end through to help it stay on the doll.














Niece A and Niece K both got American Girl dolls for Christmas from their grandparents (my parents). Niece A is older and already has a more economical version of the doll and lots of clothes. But Niece K needed some clothes right away. Her mother is a nurse, so I made her doll a mix-and-match scrubs wardrobe. She also got a pair of flare jeans and a red T-shirt. Both nieces have birthdays coming up so I will be sewing and knitting more.
Hey Kim, I told a little fib the other day when you asked what I was doing on the computer. I didn't want to spoil the surprise, so I didn't tell you everything that I had been doing.
Happy New Year!