Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I survived.

Three weeks off at Christmas is wonderful! I could not work at the pace required to keep up with my job without some serious down time in between. Fall quarter was really rough because we had a key person unexpectedly leave with little notice and therefore no time to prepare for the transition. My boss decided that I could do two jobs "for a little while". That was August and I'm still doing both.

I had to return to work yesterday. It was a crazy day, and I felt rough at the end. However, I am back in my grove today. Unfortunately, my poor mental and physical state was reflected in Tuesday's knitting, so no pictures today.

The true test will come tomorrow when I have to get the T-man out of bed and awake and in his uniform (he goes to a military prep school) instead of just awake enough to stumble over to his grandparents' house while still in his pj's to go back to sleep in his grandfather's recliner.

I do have some thoughts to share about Christmas music:

1. The Twelve Days of Christmas sung by a rock band is different.

2. Surely the Beach Boys could have come up with a better line than "Christmas comes each time this year." I want to yell "Duh!" every time I hear that.

3. Why did I suggest that my parents buy speakers for Mr. T's ipod?