Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hold all other knitting...



The T-man requested a hat for soccer. The day I finished it, he thanked me twice and wore it inside until he went to bed. Today after showing it off to friends who were impressed he said "I love my hat! I love my hat!". It was too warm to wear in the game today, but he proudly wore it after the game and all the way home.

His team won the soccer game today. This was his first game on a school team. He played most of the game. Part of the time he played goalie and the rest of the time he played defensive positions. This was new for him, but he did a real good job. Not bad for a 6th grader on a team mainly composed of 7th and 8th graders.

The pattern is the Team Support Beanie done in his school colors. I did find an error in the pattern. I have written the company about the error and have gotten a nice message stating that they are looking into it. If you have the pattern, or if you purchase the pattern, contact me if you want the correction.

Updated: E-patternscentral.com has now corrected their pattern. If you have the following in your directions, you should have the correct version:


page 3: Rnd 16: With C, knit.
Add:
Rnd 17: Purl.
Rnd 18: With A, knit.
Rep Rnds 1-18.

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, black (#815), really red (#809), and white (#871)

Needles: size 7, 16 inch addi turbo and double pointed needles for the top. Note to my mother, you could do magic loop here if you want to knit the hat. Actually, you could do the whole thing by the magic loop method if you don't have a 16 inch circular needle. Note to myself in case I knit this one again: I cast on 88 stitches. The stitch pattern is a multiple of 4 so it could easily be adjusted for other sizes.

This was very good hospital knitting -- mindless enough that I could do it under the circumstances, but enough changes to keep it from being boring.

Yes, this was another weekend of hospital knitting. Pops is back in the hospital. To make a long story short, he had some sort of infection. Hopefully he and Bebe will come home soon.