Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

My gift list this year did not include anything that I had to make. I love making things, but I hate doing it under pressure. I had been collecting odds and ends of neat pads of paper and pens and such for my neices for most of the year and the T-man wanted stuff for his Wii game. So, I was set. Then on Gingerbread House Day at Bebe's house (an annual tradition since the T-man was little), Niece A came running in saying "Aunt Sally, I want you to make me some doll clothes for Christmas."








Naturally, I caved.

The outfit is from Sew Today's Fashions for 18-inch Dolls by Joan Hinds. The blouse was a lot of work, but worth the trouble. The pants turned out a little big. Lots of neat outfits in this book. Niece A picked this one and many others. Now I have to start working on birthday presents. Both nieces got a new American Girl doll for Christmas from their grandparents, so I know they are expecting Aunt Sally to sew more clothes.










The T-man is ready for paintball action.

His grandparents got him a new gun and two very nice used guns and some gear. Aunt J gave him paintballs and a gift certifcate to the paintball fighting place. Mom added the vest and more paintballs.

The tree did not stand a chance.